Intimacy blockers and how to defend against them.
Obviously, sin is what separates us from God and blocks intimacy. It’s pretty easy to recognize the BIG sins and the effect they can have on our relationship with Him. However, what we often overlook are the moment-by-moment blockers like stress, fear, anger, frustration, criticism (just to name a few), and how they destroy intimacy. We generally accept those emotions and attitudes as just a normal part of life or our personality, rather than view them as sin that blocks our intimacy with God. Once we realize how damaging they are, we must then take advantage of the spiritual weapons that God has given us to tear down these barriers and to experience intimacy with Him.
* You indicate that a proper focus now on the Millennium is important to our ability to stand strong in the future. Could you explain why?
If our focus is on the NOW, we will eventually bow down to fear, frustration, and even hopelessness and despair. However, if we focus on the FUTURE and what awaits us with the return of Jesus, we will find a source of strength and hope because of the victory that He will bring and because of our anticipation of what we will be doing with Him throughout the Millennium and what life will be like on earth during that time. Knowing and connecting with what is on God’s heart for the Millennium gives us an action plan for today as to what we CAN do that will increase His kingdom now, as well as have an impact in the Millennium to come.
* You also believe that, while it is not a requirement for salvation, observing the Biblical Feasts (or the Feasts of the Lord) can be beneficial for us. How so?
In Leviticus Chapter 23, God established His feasts as special appointments with Him. In fact, the Hebrew word for feasts, “moedim,” means appointment. These are times of special blessings and deeper intimacy with Him that we do not want to miss out on! Plus, we will be observing all the Feasts throughout the Millennium, so the more we observe them now, the more practice we receive, and the better prepared we are to participate in them with our bridegroom, Jesus! An even deeper purpose in the feasts is found in the fact that they all reveal Jesus as the Messiah. Just as He perfectly fulfilled the Spring Feasts (Passover, First Fruits, and Shavuot (or Pentecost)), so He will perfectly fulfill the Fall Feasts (Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, and Sukkot (or Feast of Tabernacles)). This gives us confidence in the certainty of His return, the salvation of Israel, God dwelling with us again on the earth, and all the Millennial promises that we read about for example in Isaiah, Zechariah, and Ezekiel. We need this confidence and certainty as an anchor for our soul in the midst of continual uncertainty and turbulence!
* Explain briefly for us the 10 Facets of God’s Heart for the Millennium and what is the significance for us today?
Let me begin by explaining the meaning of the term “facets of God’s heart.” God’s heart is like a diamond with many facets. If you only cut one facet of a diamond, all of its light cannot shine but rather is muted. However, when you cut many facets of a diamond, all of its brilliant light sparkles and radiates forth. Well it’s the same way with God’s heart. If we are only connected to one facet of His heart, we do not experience all of His glory, power, and intimacy. In fact, we may even become deceived, for example when we only connect with the facet of God as love – then anything that relates to love must be ok! However, when we connect with the many facets of His heart, we experience deep intimacy with Him, and more of His love, wisdom, power, presence and glory in our lives!
When it comes to the Millennium, UNSHAKEN details 10 facets of God’s heart, or passions of His heart, toward the Millennium, and they are:
• Reigning over all the earth as King in truth and holiness
• Implementing righteousness in all governments and social systems
• Ruling and reigning with you in resurrected bodies
• Bringing healing and restoration to all the earth, people, animals, and relationships
• Restoring Israel spiritually and physically
• Bringing together in one all things that are in heaven and which are on earth in Him -Bringing heaven (the New Jerusalem) to earth.
• Establishing His name forever in Jerusalem — the City of Truth, the City of the Great King, and the Throne of the Lord
• Being worshipped by all people and nation from every tribe and tongue in the Millennial Temple in Jerusalem
• Spreading His Word throughout the entire earth as the water covers the seas
• Observing the Biblical Feasts, festivals, Shabbats, and new moons
Understanding God’s heart for the Millennium provides the foundation for the “action plan” that is detailed in the last chapter of UNSHAKEN. This plan provides relevant, practical, and easy to apply steps you can take to align your day-to-day actions with each of these facets of God’s heart for the Millennium. These clear steps will direct and mobilize you as to what you CAN do now to make a difference in the midst of a world that feels out of your control and influence. You don’t have to wait until Jesus comes back to start increasing His Millennial Kingdom! When you align your heart and actions with God’s heart for the Millennium, you will grow in intimacy with Him, be able to stand unshaken and strong in these uncertain, turbulent times, and the impact of your actions will continue into the Millennium!
For more information visit www.JeanneNigro.com